"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done..."

Da Kat's Stuff
About Me
email me
MySpace
photos
My fotolog

blogs:
Tavie
MythBusters
Mikey + old site
Wil Wheaton

links:
iLounge
WWE
Bret Hart
Air America Radio
My Alma Mater
NYChill



template design based on Gina's webpage; done by Erin...

Friday, November 28, 2003

Supplemental.

First up, Happy belated Thanksgiving to one and all. And to Tavie, Happy Throsgafen Day.
I thought I would eat more than I did Thursday; but in seeing that I actually didn't finish Christmas shopping, I decided to spread out my share of the thanksgiving meal for lunch to take to work for the next four days. That way, I'll save $20, and get some more cards or something. If anybody happens to catch those Gap Holiday candles, and they're available now, please let me know...

Lightning struck twice.
It struck three times.
I still could not believe my eyes.
I still can't.
After Saturday's fiasco, I thought that that was it for me. That was, of course, until Monday. I was at the same window, around the same time, and there she was. Waiting on the line, again. And once more, I fought to clear the line, just to get her at my window. This time, I stopped and checked for that bitch. With no sign of her, thank God, I continued to clear the line. Then...
She came to my window. Her name was Janelle. She was the nicest person I've met since her. We talked, and I found out that while under 21, she has a driver's license. Funny thing, I still don't have mine, and I'm over 21. We laughed together, and we talked some more. And as our time came to a close, I felt that she wasn't bothered by my conversing with her. Dare I say it, she seemed to enjoy it. So much so in fact, that she came this Friday. Yes, I had to work today, despite the fact that yesterday was Thanksgiving. And in the name of privacy, I'll keep what happened Thursday to myself, at least until later on. The better half of me did not want to get up today; I almost took the wrong bus, and almost slept on the job. But something told me to keep working, and before I knew it...
She was once again at my window.
You must love me, I chuckled. And some more laughs and smiles and cash later, I found out that the woman standing behind her was her mother. I was introduced (wow, on the 3rd meet, I met her mother...), and we traded niceties, and she left.
Okay, while I may be going on a tangent that may not even exist, you can't help but wonder. Three times in a row (Saturday, Monday, and Friday), she comes to my window. And everytime, I seem to learn more about her. And on the last meet, I met her mother. Ya gotta wonder, is there something there? Is there a greenlight I can dance to? Well, more on this development as time progresses...

Oh yeah, The Bitch. Something weird happened these last couple of days. On Monday, I was stationed next to her, and she, for the most part, behaved. We ate lunch together, like we were old friends laughing at the people on TV. And again today, she stood on my case to have my lunch changed so we can have lunch together again. Without much forethought, I went and switched lunchbreaks with another associate, and there we were again, sitting and talking like old friends. I had to think about it on the way home today. Was there something that happened that I missed? It was altogether too strange that I was suddenly warming up to her. I'm telling you, the powers that be are behind this. They know I can never stay angry at someone for a long period of time. And here is another clear example of that. Saturday, I would've strangled her; today, we chatted over who's Thanksgiving leftovers still look like what was served the day before (and my lamb & rice 'n peas won that debate!) Well, so much for that one. She is once again...
The GreenPoint-Old-timer.

To be concluded...

Whatchusaid? Post a Comment