"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done..."

Da Kat's Stuff
About Me
email me
MySpace
photos
My fotolog

blogs:
Tavie
MythBusters
Mikey + old site
Wil Wheaton

links:
iLounge
WWE
Bret Hart
Air America Radio
My Alma Mater
NYChill



template design based on Gina's webpage; done by Erin...

Monday, September 10, 2007


Ooh.
I don't know which one to choose.
Now, there's nothing wrong with the 60GB ViPod that I have right now. Battery's functional; no audio issues; dock connector's working. I would purely be buying one or two of these things just to actually say I own one or two, and that makes me special.

But, I didn't wait for three months to blog about these iPods.

What was I saying? Yeah...
But, I do have some gripes about these players. The shuffle is just a clip-on device without a screen of some sort. The new nano looks like a women's makeup kit with a screen. I'm sure it's cute, but not cute enough for a Camry. And the metallic-finish that comes in grey or black isn't exactly appealing. Ditto for the iPod classic. Speaking of the classic, I am more likely to buy the classic for the specific reason of saying that I have a 160GB iPod music device, than I am likely to buy the touch. The familiar interface is always appealing, as is the increase in battery power, and the decrease in thickness. This looks as cool as the cassette case-sized AIWA AM/FM cassette recorder with auto reverse. But, nothing else has changed in the HD-iPod. If anything, they took away something else: TV-out no longer allows you apparently to play video in external devices. Major bummer. Of course, that bummer could be temporary...
Then there is the iPod touch; Apple's response to the PSP, with a gorgeous screen, and awesome design. WiFi may give Zune a run for it's money (as if the ViPod hasn't done so yet!) Now, why the hell did Apple get rid of the speaker!?!?!? 16GB of flash memory may guarantee gapless playback from song to song to song; but 16GB can only hold my favorite songs in every genre. That is not enough to house every song that everyone I know may wanna hear. 160GB though, just might do the trick.

This could all be resolved if there was a way to put the 160GB drive into the iPod touch. That WOULD be hot.

What else did I wanna say?!

Rush Hour 3 - 8.5 out of 10
Great to see Chris Tucker again. Not so great to see him without some sort of evolution in character. Jackie can still whip some butt and look good doing it even for his current age. Not as loud as the previous two Rush Hour flicks, but this one still gets the job done; doing enough to indicate that this just might be the last run for the Chan/Tucker tag team.

The Bourne Ultimatum - 9.5 out of 10
Great finish to the Bourne Conspiracy. Continuity was flawless; Stiles is still hot, and the action never ceases to please. What else can I say about it?! This trilogy is complete, and goes out with a bang.

Transformers - 10 out of 10
After seeing this film 3 times (one was opening night, two was with family, third was with co-workers in Digital), I can honestly say I look forward to seeing Shia LaBeouf in Indiana Jones IV. I also wonder if there is any possible relation to Sabrina LaBeouf of The Cosby Show fame...
Great to hear Peter Cullen up and about. Ditto for Darius McRary of Family Matters fame; he played Jazz, the only auto-bot to be killed by Megatron in the film. This film wasn't corny, didn't overstay its welcome, and actually made me want to see it again. And with such success, we are almost guaranteed to see the likes of Thundercats, Robotech, and Voltron in the near future. But the remake I look forward to most of all:

Knight Rider.

I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry - 9 out of 10
I expected this film to somehow end differently. But nonetheless, it was very refreshing. Ving Rhames as a homo gave me a newfound respect for the guy. Kevin James and Adam Sandler are actually a good team; I won't say the best pair until I see Reign Over Me with Don Cheadle. Jessica Biel was hot; she redeemed herself from that Stealth disaster. The jokes were funny, even Dan Akroyd kept me going. My incoherence has indicated that I can't say much else about the movie. All in all, a decent comedy.

Reggae Carifest - 8 out of 10
I really wanted to check out both Irie Jamboree and Reggae Carifest this year. I also wanted to attend the Smooth Jazz Festival yesterday with George Benson. But automotive issues prevented me from attending the last two venues. So I chucked over $50 to see Movado, Bounty Killer, Ninjaman, Buju Banton, Collie Buddz, and some other performers whose names I could remember. I read somewhere that Jah Cure might pass through for Carifest; then I read on my way home that the source that provided that information was misinformed. So just imagine my relief when I was informed that he didn't perform at Jamboree either. The positive: Aside from Pinchers, Sean Kingston, and Lucky Dube not performing that night, every major act that was supposed to be there that night was there. I would like to have heard Pinchers do I'm a Don or Bandelero; the same could not be said about Mr Kingston, whose Beautiful Girls has now made me naseous. The Negative: The acts did not have enough playing time. Even though Bounty, Buju, and Ninja all bashed gays despite of the petition against it, Buju was on for 45 minutes; as opposed to Bounty who was there (and not properly introduced) for 8 minutes. Tinga Stewart didn't even get to perform Cover Me with Ninjaman, and that fact alone got me heated...
All in all, still worth the $50, plus the $10 parking, plus the $5 tip I gave the security lady for letting me park in the handicapped parking.

That was what I wanted to post for now. Pics and further developments in the near future.
I didn't get tired of blogging, at least not yet. Work is work, I am fine, and I am driving into a new branch. Sorry for the three month delay...

Labels:

Whatchusaid? Post a Comment