"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done..."

Da Kat's Stuff
About Me
email me
MySpace
photos
My fotolog

blogs:
Tavie
MythBusters
Mikey + old site
Wil Wheaton

links:
iLounge
WWE
Bret Hart
Air America Radio
My Alma Mater
NYChill



template design based on Gina's webpage; done by Erin...

Saturday, December 13, 2003

Supplemental.

The Gimmie-2-a-evrathang! playlist

Tiger Bone / Sean Paul / Stage One
Infiltrate / Sean Paul / Stage One
Live @ The Garden / The Notorious B.I.G. / The Hits & Unreleased
Hypnotize / The Notorious B.I.G. / The Hits & Unreleased
Trod Mt. Zion / Sizzla / Da Real Thing
Just One Of Those Days / Sizzla / Da Real Thing
Hip-Hop Star / Beyonce / Dangerously In Love
Naughty Girl / Beyonce / Dangerously In Love
Off On Your Own Girl / Al B. Sure! / In Effect Mode
Killing Me Softly / Al B. Sure! / In Effect Mode
Rock With You / Michael Jackson / Number Ones
One More Chance / Michael Jackson /Number Ones
One Night Stand / Kenny G / Gravity
One Man's Poison (Another Man's Sweetness) / Kenny G / Gravity
Sweetness / Beres Hammond / Can't Stop A Man
What One Dance Can Do / Beres Hammond / Can't Stop A Man
Change Clothes / Jay-Z / The Black Album
Lucifer / Jay-Z / The Black Album
Feliz Navidad / Celine Dion / These Are Special Times
I'm Your Angel [w. R. Kelly] / Celine Dion / These Are Special Times
O Holy Night / Jon Secada / The Gift
Silent Night, Holy Night / Jon Secada / The Gift
Vitamin S / Baby Cham / Strictly The Best / Volume 31
Those Eyes / Rik Rok & Shaggy / Strictly The Best - Volume 31

Now, tell me that is not a well diversified playlist. This iTunes 4.1 is serious! I wonder what playlist I'll create next...

As today, I am three steps closer to graduation. First off, despite Hunter cancelling one of the classes I planned to take so I can have the perfect schedule, I registered for the last four classes required of me to graduate. And while the schedule ain't perfect (in fact, I'm at that school every night except Wednesdays), it allows me to work and attend classes at the same time. Yay.
Second, after hearing semester after semester about people getting problems at the last minute graduating from Hunter, I took it upon myself to get the materials (graduation applications, major/minor applications, and senior photos) necessary to get out of this school. I filled out most of it; and truth be told, they're all very redundant. The info I have to provide for each and every paper should be available for them on the computer. But nooo... they gotta make me write it out 5 and 6 times. Oh well.
Lastly, I had my Managerial Accounting final yesterday. Yup, the professor gave us the final on the last day of our class. And how was it, you ask? It was much easier than I had anticipated. So much so, I finished in 30 minutes. Three or four people finished earlier than I did, and the only reason I stayed behind was to make sure that this was in fact, the test I was taking. Only God can bring down such miracles. Hold on a sec...


Control / Janet Jackson / Design Of The Decade
Let's Wait Awhile / Janet Jackson / Design Of The Decade
Angelina Flashback / Jan Hammer / Miami Vice Collection
Evan / Jan Hammer / Miami Vice Collection
Cock Up Your Bumper (Remix) / Elephant Man / Good To Go
Blaze' / Elephant Man / Good To Go
Sade / Kenny G / Duotones
Songbird / Kenny G / Duotones
You Give Good Love / Whitney Houston / Whitney Houston
Thinking About You / Whitney Houston / Whitney Houston

Check this out:
Friday, snow starts to falll, causing slight flutters. I'm in my Timberland's. Tread through the snow to J&R Music World, to Best Buy, to CompUSA, back to J&R (this was to replace my keyboard, by the way.) In the snow, with my Tim's. Get home, no problem.
Saturday. Huge-ass snow storm. I'm in my shoes. Braving through the huge storm, bank closes early. I head to Sears, then to CVS for wrapping paper. In my shoes. I go home, no problem.
Sunday, the aftermath. It stops snowing, but I'm up to my feet in what came the day before. In my sneakers, I help the landlord clear the pathways filled with snow. In my sneakers, I head to Costco, and do some light shopping. I go home in my addidas, no problem.
Monday. Back to work, snow is now slush. Once again, I'm in my shoes. Very dangerous slush gets my feet cold. Someway, somehow, I tread through the slush to & from work. No problem.
Tuesday. School. Managerial Accounting exam on Thursday, so everyone's planning to study the day before (that being the next day after that Tuesday). I'm in my Tim's again, making arrangements to meet with my colleagues the next day. Going home, no problem...

Wednesday. In my shoes. Heading out the door to go to work. Before I even hit the door, I slip on the slush aftermath from so long ago, doing a James Brown split, knee-first on the floor. Now, there's a big ghat on my knee that reddens once pinched. I brave through work, grimacing from the earlier attempt to get-on-up. I'm short at my register. Great.
Running to the train station, in my shoes, to make the study meet with my friends. A-Train is already at the station. As I make my run for it, I slip and trip on a person trying to squeeze her way through the train's closing doors. I nearly fall, again, causing her to nearly fall. She pulls me up, and I push her in the train. And we both are having a nice laugh, giving everyone else a nice laugh in the process.
It was with this moment that I realized I might have caught some bad luck. And with this bad luck, meeting my friends might prove detrimental to my best interests. In other words, to not address this karma that seemed to have a hold on me could work against me come study time. So instead of meeting up with the guys, I went home, took a nice long shower, and washed away the bad luck. I fell asleep shortly thereafter, forcefully trying to omit Wednesday from my memory. It was just a dream... I muttered...

Thursday. Brand new day. Tossed my shoes in the trash, and wore my Tim's to Hunter. Realizing that thanks to The Wednesday that never happened, I got no studying done. So I arrive at the Hunter library 4 hours in advance to prepare to B'ce this test. I meet Brian first, who frets over his accounting class. So with my freshly anewed faith, we went to his professor to discuss the situation. And to his (and my) surprise, she said to pass the class, you pass the final. That's it. Exactly what he needed to hear. Great, maybe my studying will actually have an effect on my performace today, I assumed, and I rushed back to the library to study. With three hours left, I met this Indian girl who has class with me, and is also studying for the upcoming exam. We chill together, and actually managed to get something done. While she didn't have my circumstances, she admits to have slacked up, and worries about the final. So I assure her that as long as we put in the effort, everything will be fine. With two hours left, noise begins to build in the library. Yes folks, we have noise in our libraries. The spanish clan behind us yaked away in increasingly loud tones, while a bunch of other students studying for another exam responded with even louder noises. With this Indian girl getting frustrated, I turned BBU - big, black, and ugly - on the katz, and warned them to keep it low. Now an hour away, I was able to gain walk-away knowledge of all the topics necessary for the final; from direct materials and sales budgets, to calculating several variances to discover discrepancies between actual and budgeted revenue. Meanwhile, the indian girl seemed to have it all worked out, but kept requesting of me to sit together, since I actually had almost everything down-packed. I laughed at the idea, but she didn't. So I let her know that my colleagues had already planned to sit with me; and we really had nothing to worry about.
Test time. My colleagues deserted me, every last one of them, to find hope with other sources. Even Danilo, who graduates this semester, and credits me for helping him out mentally and emotionally, left me for some chick who apparently knew some stuff. And truth be told, I refer to her only as this chick because the only time she seems to know me is when she asks for Danilo. I guess it had something to do with The Wednesday that never happened. Okay, if it's gonna be like that, then it beez like that sometimes. And there, to my left, was the indian girl, waiting for me to give her the final exasperated okay before she sat next to me. I got my exam, started taking the exam, and half an hour later, finished it. From question to question, even the extra credit question. I checked it, double checked it, and triple checked it to make sure that not only this was the test I was taking, but that my answers are actually right. To this day, I still am amazed by the relative ease of the test. You see, do you see how God works miracles??!!

But I've learned my lesson, though. I'm never going to drink at Ozzie's again.
That's 4-sho!

Oh yeah, that Indian girl. Well, needless to say all the panic she had worked against her. So I, in my Cool-Hand-Luke fashion, spoon-fed her most of the answers, to which she was extremely greatful. But I had to admit, this will be a week to remember. And a Wednesday to forget.
But on a side note, I have come short at my register twice in a row! This is bad. And like the Los Angeles Lakers, I'm turing this negative into a postive. Yes folks, my next mission is to prove up three weeks in a row! I came close with two weeks straight proving, but once I get three and up, I'll be set. Wish me luck!

Lata, navagata...

Whatchusaid? Post a Comment