"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done..."

Da Kat's Stuff
About Me
email me
MySpace
photos
My fotolog

blogs:
Tavie
MythBusters
Mikey + old site
Wil Wheaton

links:
iLounge
WWE
Bret Hart
Air America Radio
My Alma Mater
NYChill



template design based on Gina's webpage; done by Erin...

Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Supplemental.

I thought I'd take a break from variable costing, absorption costing, and activity based costing (all necessary for my midterm tomorrow) to tell you my review of The Matrix Revolutions. I found the end to be quite different to how, in my opinion, it was supposed to end. I imagined that at some point, with all the religious aspects of the film, that the lead would assume his place and finish the job. Nothing pleased me more than Agent Smith being defeated (c'mon, y'all knew that was supposed to happen). But I felt that the end left me yearning for something. I won't spoil it for anyone who has yet to see it, but should those Waschowski Brothers make another sequel to what might as well be a completed trilogy, then they have something to fall back on.
Action and visual FX were nothing short of the poetic motions of the first two films. There's more dialouge, usually relating to what Neo knows, what he doesn't know, what he must do, and the fact that everything that has a beginning has an end. Why they couldn't do more with the Niobe character is beyond me; she showed more potential here than in the previous film. The Lincoln character was cool, and even cooler was his wife, who totally kicked ass in the picture. Morpheus was the Miracle Man we all loved, and Trinity, well, was Trinity. In essence, for an action film, there was an excellent amount of balance in acting scenes between the lead cast and the supporting cast, something that's very rare.
What more can one guy say? Other than one part religion, two part visual effects, and a reset button (hint, hint), this film did a nice job of concluding the saga, should it end here; and gave us something to look forward to, if it doesn't end. After all, while everything that has a beginning has an end, no one truly knows when that end comes. This film gets a 9.5 out of 10; something about that ending...

Thanksgiving is approaching! And for my neighbors, so is Christmas. Apparently it isn't coming quick enough, so they broke out the Christmas music already! Thank God for my iPod, otherwise I'd be freaking out! Ah, which reminds me...
9 Days away until Bigger brother arrives!!

Okay, back to Cost Hierarchy...

Whatchusaid? Post a Comment