"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done..."

Da Kat's Stuff
About Me
email me
MySpace
photos
My fotolog

blogs:
Tavie
MythBusters
Mikey + old site
Wil Wheaton

links:
iLounge
WWE
Bret Hart
Air America Radio
My Alma Mater
NYChill



template design based on Gina's webpage; done by Erin...

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

I'm astounded by people who want to 'know' the universe when it's hard enough to find your way around Chinatown.
Woody Allen

Okay. Or...

I told my kids, "Someday, you'll have kids of your own." One of them said, "So will you."
Rodney Dangerfield

Whichever quote makes you laugh, start reading from that quote.

In any event, holla from da Kat unda da Kangol cap! Another stressed out week that I've successfully undertaken, and now I'm left sweeping up the debris; as though I were sanitation cleaning up after the West Indian Day parade. Midterm grades have not come back to me as yet, and I learned just this Monday that I had yet again two more midterms; one the following Tuesday (that being the Tuesday that just passed), and my second Managerial Accounting exam next Tuesday. Absorption costing, ABC costing method, variable/fixed/mixed costing, things that nature.

**In Ben Stein's nasal voice**
Wow.

The midterm I took on Tuesday was a Computer Accounting Systems midterm, where basically you work on Microsoft Excel for an hour, creating portfolios and pie charts and horizontal/vertical analysis charts and such. I now realize why I didn't sweat it. When you've been working on Excel since Junior High school, things stick to memory. But, on a serious note, as soon as I find out my grades, y'all will be the first to know. On to other stuff...

Other than that, I missed an important day on Wednesday, and right now, I'm frantically finding ways to make up for it. I'd rather not go into specifics now, at least, not until I get things back in order. These last few sentences for me will just serve as a reminder of what to discuss when it's all said and done...

... Well guess what? I didn't have to make it up after all!! On Wednesday 10/8, I was supposed to go to the doctor for a meningitis shot or something of that effect for school. And I never made it to the appointment, being that I was at work. See, I got a notice from my school saying that it was imperative that I fill out some form saying I either had the shot, or will take the shot, within 30 days, otherwise I will not be able to attend classes. As it turns out, I had a meningitis shot 4 years ago, prior to starting college! And on top of that, that notice was really meant for freshmen & sophomores living in the college dorms. How about that!?! At least I'll get my 12 credits for killing myself...

I gotta say though, my Econometrics midterm was a killer. Three questions, split into 2-3 major parts per question. With the exception of Miami Nie, no one finished the midterm!! Seriously, no one finished! Did I have time to complain about it, nope. Because immediately following that test, I went up 4 flights of stairs to take my Federal Income Taxation midterm. I had to take several breaths and steps back, and by the time I returned to the heart of the matter, I was actually able to B-ce, if not A-ce, the test. Some great stuff I must have been on. I went home, getting ready to go to the bar as an invite from one of my friends; only to realize that I have work the following morning, and I've only been there two months. Nuts...

Another thing that has been sticking in my head for some time: Where's Mikey? I know where Miami Nie" and Da Hoodrat" are; Nie just hasn't found any new freestyles to write, and Brian just remembered he had a Xanga site. But Mikey has no such excuse. And I don't wanna put up dead weblogs on my blog...
Maybe I should call him to find out what's up, eh...

I guess if you can recall my first attempt to get lightning to strike twice, then you pretty much would have guessed to yourself that I had tried again and again to see what happens. Well, guess no more, because I have. I purposely leave da crib 7:45AM every time I have to go to work, catch the 7:55AM bus everytime, in the high hopes that it can happen again. To no avail. Then, on the way to work this morning, I thought of three possibilities of why my hard efforts have gone unsuccessful:
1 - She just happened to catch that bus. She might be using an earlier bus, or possibly a later one. Maybe that's where my focus should lie...
2 - I'm making a painting out of a mirage. If you don't understand the analogy, maybe this really didn't happen, and my imagination has suddenly crossed over, with the GreenPoint-Old-Timer jerking her umbrella at me to return me to my senses. Or maybe, just maybe...
3 - The SSF was Nedra playing mind games. What if she caught my fotolog, saw me with my iPod on the bus, put A & B together, and decided to lead me on? Long shot, right? I know Nedra, that couldn't possibly have been you. But it was just a thought...

Whatchusaid? Post a Comment