"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done..."

Da Kat's Stuff
About Me
email me
MySpace
photos
My fotolog

blogs:
Tavie
MythBusters
Mikey + old site
Wil Wheaton

links:
iLounge
WWE
Bret Hart
Air America Radio
My Alma Mater
NYChill



template design based on Gina's webpage; done by Erin...

Saturday, November 22, 2003

Cursed?

Today I have learned that I'm under a spell;
the only explanation for not doing so well
in a game that takes long to adjust
because in acts of desparation, men do what they must.
I lift my hands to the sky, oh Aphrodite the Mighty,
how, when, and why did you affix a curse on me?

I think of many months ago, when my time came,
that a moment I've awaited wouldn't be one in the same
with so many other encounters that went amuck,
but a strike of cold feet left me with bad luck.
Things get better second time around;
and when that time came, no improvement was found
The ride of ecstacy was over; and all I could do was howl
about the closest thing to perfect that went afoul.

A new day had come, and brought opportunity
Finally, I dug out of little self-esteem and self pity
But before I stepped to the plate, before a word was said,
Aphrodite struck down, with all hope dying or dead.
Only something in my past could explain this emotional onslaught,
doubting love, or whatever it was that She caught.
Now I'm back to square one, left questioning in the end:
Is there really a curse that was put on my head?

Whatchusaid? Post a Comment