"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done..."

Da Kat's Stuff
About Me
email me
MySpace
photos
My fotolog

blogs:
Tavie
MythBusters
Mikey + old site
Wil Wheaton

links:
iLounge
WWE
Bret Hart
Air America Radio
My Alma Mater
NYChill



template design based on Gina's webpage; done by Erin...

Sunday, October 19, 2003

You have to remember one thing about the will of the people: it wasn't that long ago that we were swept away by the Macarena.
- Jon Stewart, In Politics

Que pasa, from da Kat unda da Kangol cap! And thanks to the unbelievable Game 7 between the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox, I am completely worn out. And judging from Saturday's game against the Marlins, so were the Yankees. But who can blame them!? That win was the most hardest fought victory I've seen in baseball! And besides, 6-0 in the bottom of the 6th inning, the Yanks look very well rested.

So, what else is new? Well, my Fotolog has just been added to the site, with about two/three weeks worth of shots for your viewing pleasure. Also, be sure to check out Bitch-fest, another blog I've added to my blogs of note...

Two typos to address: On the last post, I mentioned that Owen Hart died May 26, 1999. The correct date was May 23, 1999 @ the Kemper Arena.
Sorry about that.
Finally,
...Remember Nedra, whose blog I found some days ago? Well it turns out that she and her significant other just had a baby recently. So big-ups and best of luck to her on that one...
That's wrong as well. The picture I saw on her blog was an old photo of her daughter who's now, as she puts it, "a crazy toddler that babbles constantly in her own language."
My bad...

It's October, baby! And you know what that means! It's time to prepare to end Daylight Savings time, it's time for midterms, and it's Countdown time!! As of today, it will be exactly one month until I can get my hands on a brandspanking new 40GB 3rd Generation iPod!! Now while I just recently celebrated my 10 month-versary of the current 10GB'er I have, the demand for space and upgrades have been too enormous for me to ignore. And not to mention, the new goodies they came out with for the iPod!! Belkin recently released a voice recorder and a media photo-transfer device for all 3rd-gen iPods! And while it is not the line-in recorder that die-hard fanatics such as myself have been looking for, it's a dynamic start. Which brings me to some questions I've been asked. What if they come out with yet again, a newer model? Well, if it doesn't have line-in recording, then I ain't interested. Second, Why don't you just wait and buy a cheaper iPod with the same features? Easy, because like RAM, hard drive disk space prices fluctuate. And right now, 40GB of music player for $500 is not the 30GB $500 model they wanted me to pay for 4 months ago, nor is it the 20GB for $500 a year ago. Even if they come out with 100GBs and 1TerraByte models in the future, ain't no way am I gonna have that much amount of music, nor will I have the hard disk space on my computer to rest it in. Right now as it stands, the iPod I intend to get will have twice as much disk space than my computer hard drive, and four times the amount of my current iPod. And that's enough for now.
Also on Countdown month, in 22 days, Matrix Revolutions will be playing in theaters. I've seen both films, and I strongly believe that this final chapter will be the great culmination of the trilogy. And I can't wait to be proven right, or to be let down. In any event, it will be somethin'. This Tuesday, the Indiana Jones Trilogy will finally be available on DVD. And in December, not only will a certain someone be one year closer to the actual drinking age, but Lord Of the Rings: Return of The King will also be out. Then, I'll be 6 months closer to graduation; which reminds me, I have 12 more days until my next set of midterms arrive, from Econometrics, and my federal income taxation class. So, combine that with work, and I have my months cut out for me.

On the personal note, I just had my cousin Patrick visit us for today; just when I was enjoying the extra space. Whaddamaitalkinbout? Just one week after my Grandmother left for Trinidad, another family member, Aunt Janice from the aforementioned country, came to visit. It was her second time in America, so Pop and I had a time showing her around, and spending her money on everything. That's what happens when everything is so expensive back home. Not that I'm complainin', but da crib feels just a little bit more over-crowded with her here. And now that she's celebrating her birthday (10/18) with a friend who shares her birthdate in Queens, my parental carbon-based units, my brother, and I have time to recuperate, clean up, and prepare for the last week or two that she's here. It's tiring after awhile. And just when I was about to claim peace, Patrick visits, and it's like Aunt Janice never left. Aaargh!

But I love my family. We enjoyed having each other's company, and watching our ears pop. It's a blast.

Scary Movie 3 is coming this Friday! Do I go? Do I not go? I wonder...

I feel like I'm missing something again. This probably will work to my benefit, because it will give me something to blog about later on in the week. But I just hate it when I have all my thoughts together, then next thing I know they all don't wanna come out. Oh well. Perhaps I'll have a freelance or something later on in the week. Until then, I bid you adieu!

Whatchusaid? Post a Comment