"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done..."

Da Kat's Stuff
About Me
email me
MySpace
photos
My fotolog

blogs:
Tavie
MythBusters
Mikey + old site
Wil Wheaton

links:
iLounge
WWE
Bret Hart
Air America Radio
My Alma Mater
NYChill



template design based on Gina's webpage; done by Erin...

Monday, October 27, 2003

Supplemental.

Why in hell am I so shy? I don't get it; I can no longer say I am a victim of circumstance. I had a chance, and in a matter of minutes, I blow it.

Scenario: On the bus heading to work. SSF (Single Sexy Female) enters the bus. She's heading to the L-train station on the Rockaway Parkway, 6 stops away. She stands directly to the right of me, while I sit on the 1-seat left side of the bus. She begins to play with her hair, and everytime I look at her, she begins to look away. Four stops away, I notice she attempts to move in closer and closer to me. I kept thinking, "Naw, I'm seeing things. This really isn't happening." But I look again, she's fingering her hair, and looking away. "Alright," I said. "I got some time. Game on."
Three stops away, one of the GreenPoint-Old-Timers gets on the bus, after dropping her children off to school. Damn, there goes that one. Why, you ask? Because I refuse to kick game in front of anyone I know, especially in front of anyone whose reputation relies on gossiping everyone else's business. And something on me, who she relatively knows nothing about, she would eat it for days. Ignoring the old timer, I continue to play the "checking you out" game with SSF. Next thing, the old timer hits me, and SSF, with her umbrella, mad at me because I didn't say anything to her. That's when I knew.

Game over.

At least I apologized to SSF for my co-worker's behaviour.
I wasn't entirely speechless.

Why the hell can't I not give a damn about other people's mouth? Why couldn't I just say something to her?! I feel like crap right now, and it's not even funny anymore.

This weblog is fascinating! Right now, I'm checking out the October 3, 2003 post, and I must admit, I understand, and relate to, the dude's point of view. While there are limited benefits from being a good guy, there are good benefits. It shows, first of all, that I am not alone in the world.
Second of all, it shows there are people with poise and character. If everyone in the world had the mentality of a mean bastard, then we would all be in trouble, hoping that there is in fact a nice guy. That's the problem. There are not enough of us out there. We feel what we do is unappreciated, because nowadays, it's unheard of. But keep riding, man, and together, we will triumph.

OK. Back to studies...

Whatchusaid? Post a Comment