"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done..."

Da Kat's Stuff
About Me
email me
MySpace
photos
My fotolog

blogs:
Tavie
MythBusters
Mikey + old site
Wil Wheaton

links:
iLounge
WWE
Bret Hart
Air America Radio
My Alma Mater
NYChill



template design based on Gina's webpage; done by Erin...

Friday, October 17, 2003

I believe in the institution of marriage and I intend to keep trying until I get it right.
Richard Pryor

Ladies and Gentlemen, I, Shy-Guy Version 2.0, and proud to introduce to you...
my fotolog! In addition, I welcome Nedra's BitchFest into my blogs of note.

Still to come, my thoughts of the week, and other shortcomings to the site.

But, on a very sad note...


Stu Hart
May 3, 1915 - October 16, 2003


My God, I was just watching Hitman Hart: Wrestling With Shadows before the Yankees game yesterday, and my father commended Stu on being one of the last real wrestlers of his time; the fact that he outlived two of his children still amazed us. And now, we lost another wrestling legend.
I can only think of watching In Your House: Calgary Stampede at my ole' buddy Lloyd's house; staring at the victors, the Hart family. Past, present, and future. It was a family portrait that I will never forget. And in my mind, the only guy missing from that portrait was Tom "The Dynamite Kid" Billington, who's confined to a wheelchair. Now look at what's left! Brian Pillman died several months after the Calgary Stampede Pay-Per-View. Owen Hart died during a PPV in Kansas City, Missouri, May 26, 1999, by literally crashing down to his death. Davey "The British Bulldog" Smith died just last year. Helen Hart, Bret's mother, died a year before Smith in 2001. Now Stu.

I hope that somehow, Bret will survive this. I mean, this guy idolized his father, and naturally so. This must be right now the most trying time he'll have to go through. My condolances go out to Bret Hart, and the surviving Hart family. I hope they'll see past this tragedy together.

Whatchusaid? Post a Comment