"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done..."

Da Kat's Stuff
About Me
email me
MySpace
photos
My fotolog

blogs:
Tavie
MythBusters
Mikey + old site
Wil Wheaton

links:
iLounge
WWE
Bret Hart
Air America Radio
My Alma Mater
NYChill



template design based on Gina's webpage; done by Erin...

Friday, July 04, 2003

This next freelance was just something that was in the back of my head for sometime. The only thing that prevented me from putting it to paper was the vagueness of the subject. But, no longer prohibited by anything, I give you from the other side...

Need and Want

What is want? What is need?
What is it when one acquires it, and still wants?
When a need is fufilled,
there are other needs to be met.
Or somewhere down the road
there's the need to be replenished.
When do we want what we need
and it is called a need?
And when do we need a want
and still say it's a want?

I think of the future where everything is anew;
And remember the past, when my needs were few.
But I can't help but think of the present
And remember my needs right now
to remember my I want it, and want it now.
The drive for want is so strong
Still something there makes me feel the need.

What is it that I really need?
What do I want that ends my wanting?
Sometimes wanting more is less
And needing less gives you more.
But when you don't know
what you really need or want,
wanting and needing are the same thing;
and all I want to know is:
exactly what it is I am looking for.

Whatchusaid? Post a Comment