"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done..."

Da Kat's Stuff
About Me
email me
MySpace
photos
My fotolog

blogs:
Tavie
MythBusters
Mikey + old site
Wil Wheaton

links:
iLounge
WWE
Bret Hart
Air America Radio
My Alma Mater
NYChill



template design based on Gina's webpage; done by Erin...

Friday, July 04, 2003

Okay. Before I go, I give you one last didley with some meaning. Enjoy your 4th of July from the other side...

The Role Model

I remember reading the comics
and wanting to be like Superman.
"Man, he can do anything," I used to suppose.
But now, he's a weirdo in pantyhose.
I watched him everday, his character so perfect;
for all of his dreams are realized.
Ah, as I remember watching TV,
aspiring to be like Bill Cosby.
I remember as I went outside as an adolescent
wanting to be like my best friend Curtis.
He always had the girls, always had the grades.
But now, he's just an ordinary knucklehead in braids.
A funny thing about role models
Is that you can't totally be like them.
Living all those years in virtual reality;
while diminishing your individuality.
No more do I envy those people;
for I lived the life that no one can compare.
As I set out to fufill the dreams that I dare,
I want to be... the first Terrence Pierre.

Whatchusaid? Post a Comment