"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done..."

Da Kat's Stuff
About Me
email me
MySpace
photos
My fotolog

blogs:
Tavie
MythBusters
Mikey + old site
Wil Wheaton

links:
iLounge
WWE
Bret Hart
Air America Radio
My Alma Mater
NYChill



template design based on Gina's webpage; done by Erin...

Friday, July 04, 2003

"Now they show you how detergents take out bloodstains, a pretty violent image there. I think if you've got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all over it, maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem.Maybe you should get rid of the body before you do the wash."
Jerry Seinfeld

Happy 4th of July from da Kat unda da Kangol cap! The sun's out, the weather's tolerable, and I've been due to go to the movies for quite some time. However, since I'm the only kat with initiative in da kliq, I do better going by myself.
In any event, I finally have some new freelances to put up (yay!), and thoughts to release. "What thoughts?", glad you asked...

Now that I have taken the time to really check it out, the new BLOGGER format ain't half bad. It ain't half good either, especially when it wants to give you a basic HTML format knowing fully well your computer and browser are capable of so much more, but it ain't half bad. I do miss the ability to change an old post without having to refresh the entire screen, but republishing the blog was never so easy! And, when you add the fact that I can see everything I type without having to resize the typing window, the new BLOGGER gets a plus from me!

Ah yes, the new additions. After having some time to go over the blog (making sure I didn't write what I didn't want written), I noticed I have done more freelances than I thought. So much so, I already have a little over 30! No, this doesn't mean you'll get a new freelance, it just means that it will not be #28 as I thought.

Well, the date is set. July 16th, dis Kat is going to the MacWorld Conference Expo! No, I won't be up for any lessons (though I should take a couple), I'll just visit the Exhibit Hall, and peek inside to see if Steve Jobs introduces the G5 PowerBooks. After all, 2003 is supposed to be the year of the PowerBook...

Soca Gold 2003,
Various Artists

Ah Home by Iwer George, first and foremost, was a requirement for this year's compilation. The mere fact it wasn't first on the list was a crime. But it's good to see that it was there. Elsewhere, returning artists to the Soca Gold series are Krosfyah featuring Edwin Yearwood (my favorite), Rupee (2nd favorite), and Burning Flames, with very some very good tracks. KMC's Doh Want To Know is my brother's favorite out of the entire collection, in which I dispute with Square One's Turn It Up. Display I must admit is a very infectious tune; and Camille Marshall does provide good eye candy. Overall, the CD is great. I haven't had time as yet to check out the 2nd CD done by Soca Vibes; but I will.
Meanwhile, I just can't help but think of the songs that should've made it to SG2003. But when I think of the fact they only had room for but 18 tracks, I guess VP Records did what they had to do. So, if anyone is interested in doing their own soca gold CD and need some ideas, here are ten songs which I believe should've made the cut; but then again, are so good, they require their own CD:
1) Trini To De Bone - David Rudder and Carl Jacobs
2) Watching Me - Benjai and Gailann
3) Call Me - Kevin Little
4) Road Jam - Krosfyah feat. Edwin Yearwood
5) Passion - Militant
6) Hold That Man - Pilot
7) Hold On - Denise Belfon
8) Get Ready To WIne - Allison Hinds feat. Elephant Man
9) Frenemy - Rupee
10) Do For Do - Beckett

Another thing of mention, since I now have a decent collection of RG and SG CDs, I gotta say that the first SG CD I bought, Soca Gold 2001, is my favorite. No, not just because Melyssa Ford graced the cover; but because of the collection itself. From Jump to Forkin, from The Grave The Jail The Hospital to Hickey to Follow The Leader, Leader, Leader, from Spirit To Wave to Chutney Ragga Soca Party, to It Wasn't Me and Mud Dung. It was from start to finish, one helluva Soca CD. From that point on, any other soca collaboration couldn't compare...
Back to subject at hand. SG2003 is definitely worth the cash; that isn't of course, if you have most of the music already. But don't just buy it for the music; buy it for Camille...

Next up, a question I've been meaning to answer; it goes something like:
"Why haven't you posted more photos???"
Well, the reason is, until I go back and finish scanning all the negatives, I will not have any photos to put up! Otherwise, it will be a while before I can get my digital camera again. So there!

Whatchusaid? Post a Comment