"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done..."

Da Kat's Stuff
About Me
email me
MySpace
photos
My fotolog

blogs:
Tavie
MythBusters
Mikey + old site
Wil Wheaton

links:
iLounge
WWE
Bret Hart
Air America Radio
My Alma Mater
NYChill



template design based on Gina's webpage; done by Erin...

Tuesday, March 18, 2003

In the 35 more days I have until I celebrate my first anniversary of blogging, I must say that venting out does prove to work. I must also fully admit to you (if it isn't quite obvious already) that I am well over the Shakeya issue. It of course happened Monday night, when she didn't show for the Crate & Barrel dinner party, but I had time to sit with Davion to discuss the matter. The conclusion we've arrived to is that if it were meant to happen, she would've been there, and that my destiny would've been complete. Since she failed to show, it was never meant to be; therefore, I didn't have to do anything. I felt kind of relieved to a point; with what all my friends are going through, I don't need to bring anymore drama to my life than what I and my friends already own.
Here's a play by play of what went down that Monday:

9AM - I head to Statistics class in my denim jacket. It's breezy out, but I manage. I get 95 on the exam. A lot of jealous faces everywhere.
11AM - It's cold. Brick cold. I need to change my jacket, or I'm gonna freeze to death! Besides which, I'm in street clothes, and I was going to a dinner tonight! I go home, and change my wardrobe.
4PM - After running favors for my pop, I went to Advanced Accounting II class. My midterm grade was a 70, curved to a B. I'm not too pissed off, and not too cool with the grade either. But it was a trying exam. I'm still revved up about tonight.
6PM - I'm in the computer labs, killing time. It's recommended that I feel and look natural heading into this thing. Don't start a scene, there won't be a scene. Sound advice, I thought. I cooled down.
7:30 - I head for the restaurant. My only problem: I didn't know where exactly it was, nor did I know the exact name of the restaurant! Smart move, dumbass! Well, I knew the area, and I had 30 minutes to find it; I started looking around, around, and around, until...
8PM - I make one last swing, and find the joint! Perfect timing! I found the head manager, who warmly welcomed me inside. There, I found the table closest to the windows, along with my old boss from stock, and his friend. We sit, and discuss current events, with my head in a totally different place. Davion (winner of the dice game) scouts around; no sign of Shakeya. We start eating some salad.
9PM - Some of the seasonal staff arrive; one of whom approaches me to notify me that a CD I made for her plays half the songs correctly. When asked about a replacement, she says it's okay. Well, whatever. Not that I wasn't a tad bit embarrased about that, I just didn't care. Still no sign of Shakeya.
9:30 - The main course arrives. It was some of the best chicken parmigana I've ever tasted, next to my mother's of course. No word of Shakeya's arrival as of yet.
10PM - The dessert comes, and some of the guys are leaving. I couldn't enjoy the dessert much, nor could I vocally reach a "keep in touch" to any of them. The fact that I had a window seat with 3 other people in a table for 8 had nothing to do with it, but Shakeya had failed to come. Then Davion, coming from the restroom, sees through my disguised look of depression and offers these words:
At least you know she ain't it, man. If she was, she'd be here, and you would've completed your quest. It just ain't meant to be...
At first, I found his comments ludicrous. This only means that I'll never be able to tell her of my feelings for her, and that I was a fool for not acting on it from jump street. But something happened: the more vexed I tried to feel, the more relieved I actually became. Suppose, what if I told her, and she said no? Was I ready to accept the rejection after stewing for months on telling her now what I should of said then? Hell no. I wasn't ready to let go, and be rejected; at least without some sort of a safety net. I felt much better in fact as I began to leave for home. It was like I needed this one for me. Now I felt as though I can move on. But on to what was the big question...
11PM - I'm on the bus, after dropping Davion at his crib, on the long way home. Being alone on a two-person seat allowed me to release all the bad vibes I've had. By the time I reached home, I was Terrence again, and had finally gotten over Shakeya.
Perhaps she's read my blog, and realized this was the best way to go for me. If that were the case, then I must thank her for letting end this way. Suffice to say, the happy ending would've been much better, but I'll settle for this. Thanks, for a hell of an experience.

Whatchusaid? Post a Comment