"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done..."

Da Kat's Stuff
About Me
email me
MySpace
photos
My fotolog

blogs:
Tavie
MythBusters
Mikey + old site
Wil Wheaton

links:
iLounge
WWE
Bret Hart
Air America Radio
My Alma Mater
NYChill



template design based on Gina's webpage; done by Erin...

Saturday, December 28, 2002

It looks cool...
It looks so cool....

I woke up around 3PM Christmas Day to my Birthday/Christmas gift to myself from myself. I had my Christmas music for a couple of hours before I was called to dinner, which was lamb and potatoes. It was so funny, because I slept around 2 in the morning after "pulling my brother's leg..."

After eating up much of the cheesecake, I jammed to my music some more, then around 2AM, I slept again. Waking up around 12PM, I ate breakfast for the first time since last Friday. Today again, I miss that opportunity. But at least I got paid.

Right now, I look at my $400 bundle of joy and harmony. It's so shiny, so great, so small, so cool. And after all my music (and after erasing my Christmas music), there's about 4GB of space left. I couldn't get past the scratches on the screen, so I leave the iPod with the backlight screen on. In the daytime, I turn it off, but it looks so much better with the backlight on. After I programmed my kliq on the iPod (they all feel so special; they, and you, have a special place in my heart if your name is on my contact list; moreso, if your playlist is on my iPod); I yearn to have a PDA to type my notes in. Then I realize that all I have to do is write them, type 'em up here, then transfer it to my iPod. A few extra steps, but all worth it to save me from spending $100 on a Palm Zire. I just wish there could be better synchronization between the iPod's time and my computer's time, which is also connected to the network time. And I wish there was a calculator of some sorts; you know, use the jog dial to acquire the numbers, then click to get to the function, that sort of thing. But that was too much to ask, eh Apple?? No matter, I love it anyway.

Yo! Whatever happened to...

... The Perez siblings?

I'm not sure if Mikey remembers, but two years before we graduated from high school, we all were good friends with Carolina Perez. In fact, her brother Jonathan graduated with us in '99. But I haven't seen them since I can remember. That was of course, until today. While at Blockbuster paying for an overdue tape, I come across this short and thin girl on the cell phone, who looks at me, looking at her, looking at me as though she knows me, looking at her trying to remember her name. Then she laughs, and I automatically remember when I asked her out. It was my first time asking anybody out in high school, and naturally (so much for self confidence) she rejects me. We used to hug and chill, and joke, and everything was cool. But as we went to greet each other, she seemed very stoic; I got just a handshake (very interesting), and nothing really happened. Sure, her being in the military for some time has something to do with it. But I expected just a little bit more than that. God forbid if that were Thaisha, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. So I did my best, and wished her happy holidays; and I found out that Jonathan's married in the Marines, and that her pop is shorter than her. And that's short!
Okay okay, enough with the jokes. All in all, it was nice seeing her again. Even if her short and stoic behind couldn't muster more than just a handshake.

I'm glad Tavie enjoys her new watch. And of course, my giving her the watch didn't come without question. "Is this to say you're tired of the pleather bands?" "Is this for me because I'm always late?" That last one was my favorite. But knowing her, she would probably hold on to it, and keep wearing her Pooh watch, if she hasn't given it away as a gift already...

I sure wish I saw Mikey again before he goes back. But if by chance I do find him, I would probably be without his Christmas present. But since I know I won't see him anytime these next few months, I'll settle for his sister Tiffany...

I need a new DVD player. Nothing's wrong with the one I have now, except that it is very old and doesn't play VCD's and MP3 CD's. I need a decent one that doesn't burn my wallet to smitherines. And now that I finally acquired the English dubbed version of John Woo's A Better Tomorrow, I definitely want a new DVD player. What will I do with the old model? Probably connect it to the PSone combo screen, and watch On Her Majesty's Secret Service in my bedroom...

In any case, that's all before the weekend starts. I celebrate my 17 "day"versary of my iPod acquisition. It's not an anniversary, becomes the head of anniversary connotates annual. And since we deal with annis in years, I call it my day-versary. To celebrate my first month, I plan to go to...
an iPod convention.
Have fun!

Whatchusaid? Post a Comment