"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done..."

Da Kat's Stuff
About Me
email me
MySpace
photos
My fotolog

blogs:
Tavie
MythBusters
Mikey + old site
Wil Wheaton

links:
iLounge
WWE
Bret Hart
Air America Radio
My Alma Mater
NYChill



template design based on Gina's webpage; done by Erin...

Sunday, December 22, 2002

Breathing fresh air...
and yet again, more fresh air...

I am aware that I kinda cut my birthday post a tad bit short. But now that finals are over, and now that I have had a decent nine hour rest, I am ready to go. I gotta say that I feel good now that the finals are over. I'm pretty certain (and not so certain on the Brinberg front) that I passed them all. But time will reveal.
Tomorrow is Sunday, and two weeks away from my last day as a seasonal employee of Crate & Barrel. Luckily, I'm still there. But I'm pretty satisfied with my time there. Good friends, great women, cool bosses, that sort of the like. Also, I got my iPod, which was THE most important thing. And I've done so much showing off, there are little scratches on the screen. No problem though, because it represents my iPod. And like it, I too have scratches here and there.
As far as that girl I was supposed to be talking to @ C & B; well, she's got a man. And her man's got a car. A very nice one, by the way. So there went that one. I felt pretty heated and let down about that too. On the long bus ride home, I heavily depended on my music library (4GB's and growing) to lift my spirits back up again. It worked, but not before my rest came in. But now, all's cool in the front.
Before I continue, let me close the chapter on the Mrs. Bert front. If you haven't guessed it, I never got around to the confrontation. She came to the final after me, "game face" and all; and left the room before me, with the same face. This is the final Business Law class at Hunter College; there's no level after 480 that one can pass. Perhaps this will be the last time I see her anyway; she's had to have been there for some time. So, I'll never know the method of her anger. It doesn't matter anyway; all I can say is, best of luck to her in all her endeavours...

Now, the Christmas season has officially arrived! And everyone's getting caught in the rapture! I was sure not to forget everyone special. I caught my livery driver off guard with a present (I've only known him 6 months, but when you can chill in his apartment, you're family). The secretary from the Hunter College economics department was in a state of shock (with Godiva, of course). Tomorrow, all the C & B associates will be treated to some cookies (Entemann's, of course). And Tavie (who had THE biggest shock of 'em all) got a new watch from me. The look on her face pretty much said it all.
Ah, now that I brought that up, remember the discussion of the Hunter Block?? Well, like a ghost of the past, one of those kids who went AWOL on me showed up that day I gave Tavie her Christmas present. Helen, the Asian who was suffering from so many internal problems, has returned to Hunter College!! And she couldn't wait to tell us all what has happened in her life for the past two years. How she developed a knack for fashion; and the men in her life, which is all cool. But she wouldn't stop talking! Tavie and I left her with another friend of Tavie's, and Helen decides to continue chatting away with her!! We had to go back to rescue her! All in all, it feels real good to see her alive and well again. And...
She works at MACY'S. Cool, very cool...
Also, I met Kitana for the very first time that day. Crosses over from Canada to New York a lot; at first she looked like she came from Trinidad. In fact, if no one said anything, I wouldn't have guessed that she was with Tavie! I guess it's that thing us black folk have, where you would suspect your white friend's friends are usually white. Maybe I'm just blowing hot air again. In any case, Kitana looked very nice...

Someone must remind me to post a freelance before Christmas.

I didn't get to see Lord Of The Rings II, and nine times out of ten may never get to see it until it comes out on DVD. All my frineds saw it while I was at work, and my other buddies were either too busy, too far away, or too drunk to watch it with me. Sigh.

For now, that's it. Unless you want to celebrate my 11 day anniversary of my acquiring my iPod. So, what am I gonna do now, you ask? I'm going to...
Get my car & driver's license!!

Whatchusaid? Post a Comment