"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done..."

Da Kat's Stuff
About Me
email me
MySpace
photos
My fotolog

blogs:
Tavie
MythBusters
Mikey + old site
Wil Wheaton

links:
iLounge
WWE
Bret Hart
Air America Radio
My Alma Mater
NYChill



template design based on Gina's webpage; done by Erin...

Monday, December 16, 2002

Ah. Another day in the new life.
And I've been blogging for 238 days. That's 127 days away from the first ever anniversary of the mind/blog merger. Cool!
In any case, in case you haven't figured things out, the real reason I've been away from you guys is because of my newly acquired iPod. As planned, I got the 10GB model from the Apple store at Soho (at $30 educational discount!) It's so cool. So small. And so convienient. I have only borrowed my CD player to check out new CD's I bought and am going to buy (including the Nemesis Soundtrack, more on that later). Other than that, it's been all iPod! I will admit, it took me awhile before I used all it's features. I wanted everything in the box to stay there, with the exception of the iPod of course. I just finished using the earphones for the first time. Yesterday, I finally had enough of searching for a new case that I already have, and decided to use the Apple case. And on Friday, I finally got around to using the remote control (and think, I bought this on Wednesday!) But don't mind me, I'm just having fun...
Oh man, you should've seen it! Since you didn't, I'll get Tavie (oh yeah, kudos to Tavie for getting back her iBook) to send you the photos...

Okay, on to some more interesting stuff. CnB sent me home for the first time today. This is a disappointing story in itself, but one I can't help but tell. Around 3:45, I arrive to work for a 4PM-9:30 shift, and decide to do my shopping at the time, before it was too late. You know the details; you gotta get a manager to ring you up and all that; well I waited some time, and around 3 minutes after 4, the order was done. Thinking that I was already late and shouldn't work without something in the system, I stop for quick bite before I punch in. Around the same time, a manager shows up asking to talk with me. After finding out what happened, she decides to send me home. At first I thought, "aw, c'mon. At least I wasn't on the clock." Then I decided, "hell, I can use some more shopping time. Why not?" As for whether I'm leaving for good, I don't think my actions were that drastic, especially after all I've been doing at that store. And the consequences shouldn't be that drastic either.
Now that I give it some more thought, had I not been sent home, I would be working 5 days back to back to back to back. From last Saturday, til this Wednesday, I would be going back to that same place (thank God the whole transit mess is over; see I told ya God works miracles!) doing the same thing. 9 to 5, 11 to 7, and 4 to close the next three days. And the strange thing is, I don't even know the manager who sent me home! I had two or three conversations with her before, but all about time cards and who gets to go to lunch first (in which I opted to go last). I don't know her name, nor will she know mine until everyone asks where I've gone. If I remember, the first time I met her, I was having a 15 minute break (ah, where those breaks went) and she said some smart remark about it. I remember showing her my time card several days later because it was all screwed up. She just happened to catch me being 4 or 6 minutes late one Sunday shift ago. Flabbergasted, I said, "it's a long story." Then last Sunday, some workers and I were discussing who goes on break and who stays behind. The lady again shows up to try and resolve the situation. Since the last encounters we've had weren't that great, I went off saying that I'll go last, hoping I wouldn't look like an idiot arguing over break. And now, today. At this point in time, all I can say is... whatever.

Next up, Nemesis. The movie, despite Mike's comments, was one of the most awesome movies Star Trek has done to date! I mean, it was so good, I plan to buy the soundtrack on Tuesday! Yes, it was that good. Tom Hardy did a nice job as Picard's antagonist. Well, maybe I'm saying it was good because everyone had a decent part in the film. Maybe it was because of the striking resemblance it has to Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (one of the best films ever). Maybe it was the music. Maybe it was the space battle. Or Data's death (that's all I'm saying about that one!) was the key. I don't care, it was everything! What more can one put in there? If you haven't seen the flick, go see it. And oh yeah, Maid in Manhattan wasn't too bad either.

Also, I forgot to mention that I saw Friday After Next some time ago. That too, was a funny movie. Not as funny as the first Friday flick (with Chris Tucker, but then again, nothing beats the original), but it does have its moments. After Ghetto Santa robs them of their Christmas gifts (and rent money), the duo pose as security guards to get the rent money. That's all I'll say about it, but it was an alright film.

Okay, that's all I write for now. Be back soon.

Whatchusaid? Post a Comment