"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done..."

Da Kat's Stuff
About Me
email me
MySpace
photos
My fotolog

blogs:
Tavie
MythBusters
Mikey + old site
Wil Wheaton

links:
iLounge
WWE
Bret Hart
Air America Radio
My Alma Mater
NYChill



template design based on Gina's webpage; done by Erin...

Monday, December 09, 2002

Ah, so much ahead...
After receiveing an 100 on my Intermediate Accounting II exam, I am feeling a lot better about life, and a lot worse. Because now I have the last paper to rewrite before the dreaded finals. At least I'll have an edge going in. Business Law III won't pull any punches on the 19th, Intermediate Accounting (the 18th) will have more of the same stuff, and one more steady increase in grade will ensure that I pass Money and Banking (occurs on the 20th)...

This all leads to Brinberg's Genius of Modern Theater. Though I expect and will gladly receive my B in stride, there seemingly are more hurdles to jump to arrive there than I thought. A paper that I have to procrastinately write, yet again, another final exam; it never seems as though I will get my feet firmly on the ground. Perhaps the upwardly scholar will do much better this time around.

On the workfront, the guys upstairs are making small blunders with my scheduling. On my availability, I request Wednesday mornings, not nights. But leave it to the beavers to schedule me for Wednesday nights, for the next two weeks. Now I gotta hope they'll allow me to come at 6PM instead of 4PM. Other than that, I'm seriously talking to one of the females now, and hoping, I'm getting all the right signals. Christmas nights are especially lonely...

But nothing, and this jabroni means nothing, will get in the way of my good spirits. For the hot item of the year is coming in but near two days. What? Yup, you guessed it...
The iPod arrival is two days away!!
And when I met Tavie, she seemed a little more enthusiastic about it than I did at the time! But all fears were calmed by the fact that soon, I will feast my eyes, hands, and belt on the most innovative product Apple has ever created. This inner peace did hit several boulders, though. First, 10GB or 20GB? Well, the 10GB is thinner than the original, and holds 5GB more than the original. That's cool, but it only holds 10GB of music and anything else I put on it. Then there's the 20GB model, which holds a lot more (that's cool), but is not only thicker and heavier than both the 5GB and 10GB models, but it's also $100 more (that's bad)! The ultimate battle of size vs. SIZE. In this battle though...

The 10GB iPod for $400 wins.

Second, where am I gonna get this unit from? I look at the top contenders: The Apple Store, J & R, and The Wiz. I was at The Wiz today, and the whole setup was alright, service was something to still long for; but overall, they're not have bad. The only advantage they've got is their extended warranty. On the J & R front, I stop there to exchange the defective MP3 CD player for a new one with the replacement warranty (which expired a few days after I went for the exchange.) Not only was service excellent, not only did I get the new unit the same day, but I got smiles. They must've read my blog!! They have a big chip on their shoulder which knocks out The Wiz 10-1!!
Then finally lies The Apple Store @ Soho. Location is closer to the college, which is cool. Atmosphere is awesome and inviting, that's a definite plus. But what will definitely win this race for Apple is a possible discount. Online, one can buy stuff for $20 to $30 less because they have something to do with school. If the same holds true in the actual store, I could spend less than necessary!!
It really wouldn't matter though, I'll probably buy from them anyway.

In any case, the iPod is coming in two days!!
And Nemesis on Friday!!

Whatchusaid? Post a Comment