"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done..."

Da Kat's Stuff
About Me
email me
MySpace
photos
My fotolog

blogs:
Tavie
MythBusters
Mikey + old site
Wil Wheaton

links:
iLounge
WWE
Bret Hart
Air America Radio
My Alma Mater
NYChill



template design based on Gina's webpage; done by Erin...

Monday, November 04, 2002

What a friggin weekend.
It may not rival your awesome weekend, but I'll throw my two days in the dance, 'cause hey, you never know.
It all starts Saturday night, after I take care of the usual Costco shopping, laundry washing, house cleaning schedule. I meet a friend named Isaac after work to go to the movies. Interesting fact: he works at Modell's. I never would've thought I'd still be hanging out with some of the crew from Modell's. It's not common, just thought it would never happen to me. Before we head to the movies, my friend Isaac and his buddies stop at the liquor store for VSOP Brandy; one of those $12 bottles that come in a box. On the way to 42nd Street Loews Theater, they're getting their drink on. Now, in case you don't know where I'm heading with this, I don't drink. I have never "drank" before, and why yesterday was a time to start, I dunno. But, it had absolutely nothing to do with peer pressure. In fact, my friends were leery before offering me anything. But they offered me, and I decided at that it was about high time I at least tried it. I mean, I wasn't trying to drink, get drunk, and have a good time. I was just getting into it, and having a good time doing it! So, for the very first time in my life, Saturday, November 2nd, 2002 at about 10:35 in the night, I had my very first REAL drink. In liquor terms, I had one part VSOP, and about 4 parts vanilla coke. Or is it three...
Let's put it this way, the ratio of VSOP to Vanilla Coke is about 1 to 9.
Several drinks later, I've been talked deaf, dumb, and blind into seeing of all films:
Jackass: The Movie.
Now, just about everyone told me that I wasn't drunk. As they put it, "One doesn't get drunk off 5 shots of 1 part brandy, 5 part coke!" But people on normal air could not ever sit through Jackass: The Movie. Maybe I'm wrong, but I know one thing: I'm amazed that even I sat through it. As far as the movie went, I'll rate this movie as rationally as possible. It's useless, pointless, pathetic, crazy, stupid, sickening, degrading, and any other word you can think of. But...
It was funny. Drop dead funny.
I never laughed so hard since Ferris Bueller's Day Off. After it ended, the guys and I were still laughing. I just couldn't stop laughing! It was that funny. One moment (or several segments) worth looking at was the haircutting segments, where some jackass with a haircutter cuts (or in ghetto terms, "zeeks") the hair of unsuspecting people. In one segment, he catches one guy about five times; half his hair was gone by the time it was all said and done! And that's all I'm writing about the movie. Jackass buffs can see it and be amazed.
After the movie, the kliq go out to look for some women. These three girls leaving the theater were apparently as drunk leaving the movie as my friends were going into the movie. The reason for that would be the girls (all three of them) run into the door trying to leave Loews. We all had a big laugh about it, too. We talked and what not; no numbers though. But, it was all good. So there we were, the kliq walking through Times Square, and a prostitute approaches us. Her pitch, angle and game was so weak, we couldn't say no walking away from her. We laughed twice as hard at her as we did at the movie. I don't know man, I just know. We live in a sick world, sick, sick world...

Oh yeah, that's just the half of it.

Sunday morning, I wake up thinking my face was still on the bed. I was still tired. Never mind the fact that I only got five hours sleep; I can manage with such little sleep. But it had to be the Brandy, because did not want to do anything. But then I looked at my wallet. And that was enough encouragement to jump to work.
I get there ten minutes late after leaving a whole hour before work (damn those bumbaclaats working at the Atlantic Avenue station!); at least I wasn't alone. Anyway, I pass the main entrance to Crate and Barrel (you know, the entrance we associates are never allowed to go through), and pass those beautiful window displays which allow you to see the action inside the store. And lo and behold, who do I see!!?? The jabroni who I haven't seen in ten months! The friend (see "4 - Tuesday the 10th ") I had for some nine/ten years, and because of one mishap, decides not to talk to me for ten months!! At first I thought, well, I did drink last night, maybe I was seeing things. But no, I really wasn't drunk, as the managers introduced the seasonal floorstockers to the seasonal/PT/FT stock receivers (that's me!) And there he was, in the flesh, poking me and high-fiving me as though nothing happened. I could imagine when he went back home to tell his family about his day:

"Hey guys, guess who also works at Crate and Barrel? Terrence!! I couldn't believe it! At first, I saw him looking through the window, and I thought he just leering around. But then I went to the stockroom, and there the nigga was! And he's seasonal. I can't believe that guy works there..."

Even more interesting, I haven't seen him since that awkward confrontation. It was like, after that moment, I never saw him again. Of course, somewhere down the road (probably when I go back to work on Tuesday), I'll see him again. What the hell will he say to me? What in the blue hell am I gonna say to him? Are we even going to say anything to each other? Will my holiday season ever be the same...

OK. Enough of the drama. I did good on all my midterms, and I'm happy. Just hoping FootAction returns my phone call soon. And that my iPod is coming soon! And that all may have a great holiday season. And hope that TNN brings back Miami Vice!

Whatchusaid? Post a Comment