"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done..."

Da Kat's Stuff
About Me
email me
MySpace
photos
My fotolog

blogs:
Tavie
MythBusters
Mikey + old site
Wil Wheaton

links:
iLounge
WWE
Bret Hart
Air America Radio
My Alma Mater
NYChill



template design based on Gina's webpage; done by Erin...

Thursday, November 28, 2002

Well guys, here's some Thanksgiving thoughts I decided to post:

The iPod update:
Looks like the tentative date has went back a couple of weeks. I am now looking at a possible December 11th date as to when the iPod is coming. This is cool, because my birthday/Christmas present will arrive 8 days before my birthday. But like a good little man, I'll just drool on the box at home until my birthday. The bills are being paid (thank God), and now I'm left of Christmas shopping. My plans are a gift card, some chocolates, LEGO toys, and clothes for the family. As to whether I give GAP holiday candles to my kliq, I have been undecided. And that is my December schedule...

Since the sophomore year of high school, I have indulged myself in Arabic music. Well, only Egyptian Arabic music by only one particular artist: Hani Shaker. Hailed in the Middle East as the Prince of Arabic Love Song, I must admit that even though I have not the slightest idea of what he is saying, the mood and atmosphere of his music indicates love and those types of emotions. It's cool to explore it from another perspective, you know?! In any case, I just found this web site featuring some of his music videos, including one of my favourite songs of his, Yaretny (or Ya Retni). Which reminds me, I should invest $13 in his new album...
It is funny that I discuss him, though. Considering the current events and stuff, you would think such interest in Arabic music is considered traitor-istic. Not that I care, but it is interesting. On their front, what gets people into the theaters is the burning of an American flag. "Oh, how the union of the US and Israel must be stopped," they think. Well, that's how the majority of them think anyway. But like I said, not that I care. I just like the best of all worlds.
OK. Another thing just struck me. Hani Shaker is the only Arabic songwriter I've ever listened to. I should be just as open to others, but I don't wanna fork out anymore bucks before I say, "Hey, I kinda like it!" Maybe I'll ask around, to see what else is hot...

I saw Die Another Day opening night. It was a cool action flick. The "Bond going Cast Away" thing was fairly decent. A rather unusual opening credit scene compared to the other 19 Bond films; but then again on the 20th film, it's good to do something different. Also unusual is Madonna's cameo appearance in the film. So funny, it can rival Michael Jackson's appearance in Men In Black II (wasn't Rosario Dawson awesome?!?!) I was a huge fan of the car chase (and still say the "cloaking device" was totally unnecessary), and not a huge fan of the entire laser scene. And c'mon, I am tired of characters like Miranda Frost. I mean, it wasn't her per say who I didn't like. It was her character, and characters like her, whom from the start is pretty obvious that they will be bad guys later on. You could tell a mile away she turning heel. A part of me wanted Bond to say at that scene, "okay Miranda. You can give me your gun as well. I know you're playing both sides of the coin, so you might as well hang it up..."
Otherwise, the movie was off the hook.
Future plans at the movies include December 13's Star Trek Nemesis, Lord of the Rings II: The Two Towers (if I can get a huge crowd to go with me), and Spike Lee's The 25th Hour (for Rosario, of course.) As to whether I crash in on the second Harry Potter flick, I've been warned "it's just for kids." So if I do, I'll be very leery.

Well well, Mr. Miko is in town this week. The only thing is I won't be able to see him. And if my work schedule wasn't bad enough, his schedule with work and family made it worse. It would be sheer coincidence to pass him by before he goes back up. At least he called...
Another thing to note is the amount of feedback I'm getting on the 12 Day-Christmas remake (and be sure that more freelances will follow!) It's all good and everything, but some people weren't too thrilled about the 12 strippers dancing...

As to Tavie's Ice9.blogger.com idea, I tried it. But everytime I went to post & publish, the thing would just eat up the words. That was it. It would just eat them, and not bring them back to me. This post would've come days ago, had it not been for Ice9. Well, back to ole 'n' faithful...

Before I go, I'd like to give a shout out of sorts to Ms. AlizeEandJ, who celebrates her birthday on Thanksgiving. Now I thought of cool joke about that fact, but because I want to live to see my birthday, I'll be nice and post it after Thanksgiving (ha-ha). Until then, Happy Emily Day!!

With that all, I hope all you katz and kittens have a great Thanksgiving! And to Tavie, Happy Throsgrafen!!

Whatchusaid? Post a Comment