"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done..."

Da Kat's Stuff
About Me
email me
MySpace
photos
My fotolog

blogs:
Tavie
MythBusters
Mikey + old site
Wil Wheaton

links:
iLounge
WWE
Bret Hart
Air America Radio
My Alma Mater
NYChill



template design based on Gina's webpage; done by Erin...

Monday, November 04, 2002

Ah, I feel strange again.

Perhaps because I'm in Hunter College posting. Come to think of it, I just remembered something. The Business Law III woman that never smiled (I call her Bert from Sesame Street's Bert & Ernie, because the facial expressions are near identical) actually smiled today. And more than once! One small step for peace, one giant leap for unity. Too bad I didn't have my camera...

But on the flip side, I noticed something else. This woman I remember, had almost 4 classes with me, including Calculus, Macroeconmics, and this Corporate Finance class that I crash into sometimes. And the strangest thing, we never really chilled out. Normally, if I have had three or more classes with someone, we would eventually come together and sort of work as a unit to get through college (in fact, that's how I met some of my peoples, we all had the same class together). I mean look, I see her almost every friggin time I go to the ICS room (where all the computers are at in Hunter); she works there! And she never fails to give me nothing more than a nod of awareness. What's more, we both have a friend named Christian who works at the ICS lab as well. I've known him since we came to this college. We too have shared the same classes. Of course we chill now; and that girl is almost always with him! But she still would never acknowledge me more than just a simple nod of awareness. OK, what the hell is a nod of awareness? It's a nod that means she (or he) knows that you are there. That's it. Not a nod of "hello," not a nod of "nice to meet you... again," but a nod of awareness.

Is this some sort of race issue? Is that not, screwed up? Or am I taking this one too far?

Oh, the day I leave Hunter. It just might be the best time of my life...

Whatchusaid? Post a Comment